Welcome!

If you love reading....you will love this blog...Or Not! But either way, thank you for visiting.

Sunday 16 March 2014

High Sprited Arabian Nights

One of my friends handed a copy of this book and simply said "I know you will enjoy it" and I did.

The book is a wonderful read and completely opens up the doors to a world that has been and continues to be mysterious and shrouded in secrecy.

Many of us will know that the treatment of women in the Arab world is..well...different to say the least. I personally had never been exposed to the detail of it. Until now.

The best part of this book is the ability of the author to bring out many of the injustices whilst telling a wonderful story of the Arabian Princess. After reading this book, I will never again take the simple freedoms I enjoy as a Woman for granted. One is left admiring the spirit of Princess Sultana. High spirited...to put it mildly!!

One word for it (may be two)...eye opening! I can't wait to read the sequels.

No comments:

Post a Comment