Welcome!

If you love reading....you will love this blog...Or Not! But either way, thank you for visiting.

Sunday 16 March 2014

Meet Him at the Shack

God.

Almighty. All knowing. Omnipresent. Feared. Revered. Also. Scary. Far off. Full of Wrath. Judging. All powerful.

My views about God are as above and more. Well..not until recently. After reading the Shack by WM Paul Young. My view of God has changed. Suddenly, God was no longer this quagmire in my mind...a God that I could not understand ....who I sometimes... I think... does not understand me either (I don't blame him).

I first attempted to read this book in December of last year but I stopped after a few pages. A few months later, my sister pointed out to me that I was yet to read it despite desperately begging to borrow it...so i started off again .Boy...was I in for a ride!

At the beginning, I paid little attention to what I was reading...reading yet not absorbing much. Until God showed up as a BBW (Big black woman). I sat up in bed and truly paid attention. When the book came to an end, I was ...different. I looked up and had a conversation with God like never before. Yes, I know there has been a lot of controversy over the book with many mainstream preachers condemning it completely and accusing the author of heresy. I don't care for their opinion much.

For me...it was a breadth of fresh air...an epiphany of sorts. Cathartic even. My heart is still moved at the memory of it all.

God .

Approachable. Loving. Warm. Non-judgmental. A friend. A father. Open. Down to earth. Someone I want to know. Someone I NEED to know!

Meet him at the Shack.

No comments:

Post a Comment